History

OUR VISION

We dream of Filipinos
who passionately love their country
and whose values and competencies
enable them to realize their full potential
and contribute meaningfully to building the nation.

As a learner-centered public institution,
the Department of Education
continuously improves itself
to better serve its stakeholders.

OUR MISSION

To protect and promote the right of every Filipino to quality, equitable, culture-based, and complete basic education where:

Students learn in a child-friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment.
Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner.
Administrators and staff, as stewards of the institution, ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning to happen.
Family, community, and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibility for developing life-long learners.

OUR CORE VALUES

Maka-Diyos
Maka-tao
Makakalikasan
Makabansa

DEPED LINKS

CONNECT WITH US

  • rodnick.bodino@deped.gov.ph
  • (02)709-1490
  • 7 Panghulo Rd., Panghulo, Malabon City

SCHOOL HISTORY

Panghulo Elementary School with School ID 13681 is the fourth biggest school among the six in the District of Malabon I, Division of Malabon City. It is located in Barangay Panghulo, Malabon City.  It has a total of 4,179 sq.m. lot surrounded by big trees.  The school is bounded on the east by Barangay Maysilo, on the west by Obando, Bulacan, on the north by Barangay Santulan and on the south by Barangay Catmon.  It is situated in a thickly populated area, mostly squatters.  Near the school are Panghulo Market, Panghulo Health Center, Panghulo Chapel, Panghulo Day Care Center, Shining Star Day Care, and business establishments like stores, restaurants, and others.

Panghulo Elementary School, then renamed as Panghulo Barrio School started in Rivera Compound in the barrio of Santulan in the early 1900’s. The site that is presently occupied was donated by a certain Jose Agustines y Cruz of Polo, Bulacan.

In 1924, classes in Santulan were transferred to this site.  The four classes of Grades I-IV were formally opened with an appropriate total enrolment of 30 pupils.  By 1930, a one-storey, semi-permanent building known as Gabaldon Building was constructed thru the Municipal government.  It has a floor area of 168 sq. m. divided into four classrooms and was formally accepted and occupied in 1932.  Together with its construction was a separate Antipolo type toilet for boys and girls.  Classes went on in the four grade levels until 1940 with the enrolment increasing up to approximately over 100 pupils. 

The outbreak of the Japanese war in 1941 ceased the continuation of schooling in almost the entire archipelago.  Panghulo Barrio School became a Japanese garrison during this period. The war spared the school building from destructions, so in 1946 classes resumed in its four grade levels with enrolment increasing every year.  It was in 1962 that the first graduation was held with 25 girls composing the graduating class, thus the beginning of a full elementary education in Panghulo Elementary School.

 

In 1958, because of the organization of a Grade V class, a two-room pre fabricated one-story building was constructed.  Since its school population came from the three adjacent barrios of Panghulo, Santulan and Maysilo, school enrolment increases every year prompting the rental of school buildings in Santulan and Maysilo to also increase.

 

In 1961, a two-room building owned by Mrs. Paulina Liag was rented in Santulan and in 1963 another two-room building owned  by Mrs. Eulalia Tongco was rented in Maysilo.  Two more rooms were rented in 1965 near the vicinity of the main school building owned by Mrs. Socorro Mariñas and Mrs. Lina Antonio.  It was this period that Panghulo Barangay High School was founded occupying one half of the newly constructed two-storey, eight rooms Rodriguez Building.

 

The school continued in its expansion; additional buildings were constructed in its main site and additional rooms were rented in Santulan and Maysilo Annex.  In 1969, when a new site was acquired by exchange and a two-storey building was constructed in its 1,527 sq. m. lot donated by Mr. Gau Punso of Artex Development Company, the “child” of Panghulo Elementary School was born; the Panghulo Elem. School Unit I together with the Santulan Annex.  Again in 1978 the need for re-organization was viewed by the administration as separating the Maysilo Annex as an independent school.

 

The separation of the two annexes didn’t affect the status of the main school as Principal II school in the later 60’s to the present.  Its continuous development and expansion are geared towards the untiring efforts of the able principals that were assigned to this school.

 

The old fourteen (14) classroom 2-storey Rodriguez School Building was demolished last July 1, 2007 because of its deteriorating and falling debris.  It is no longer safe to occupy as classroom for the pupils.  There were cracks in most part of the said building. A new DepEd School Building – Principal LED was built, September of same year, as a replacement of the old one.  The remaining 6 classrooms were finished on May 1, 2009 and the inauguration of the school building was held on June 26, 2009. 

At present there were already 14 classrooms finished, 11 were occupied as academic rooms and 3 of which are for Science Room, Learning Resource Center (LRC) and office used.  The dream school of Barangay Panghulo was constructed thru the joint efforts of Panghulo Elementary School (Main) Teachers led by the former school principal, DR. Rosemarie A. Galam, Principal II assigned in this school in 2005 up October, 2011.

SCHOOL FACILITIES

SOCIAL MEDIA

OUR LOCATION

SCHOOL PILLARS

Mr. Tolentino (1924)
Mr. Lopez (1930)
Mrs. B. Gonzaga (1973)
Mr. Del Rosario (1974)
Ms. C. Nicolas (1975)
Ms. L. Oliveros (1976)
Mr. R. Constantino (1977-1980)
Mrs. R. Reyes (1980-1981)
Mrs. G. Bautista (1981-1983)
Ms. J. Cruz (1983-1987)
Dr. V. Reyes (1987-1992)
Dr. F. Filien (1992)

Mrs. C. Palacpac (1992-1996)
Dr. C. Saluta (1996-1997)
Dr. G. Gomez (1997-2002)
Ms. R. Bonzon (2002)
rs. L. Villacarlos (2002-2003)
Mrs. E. Casacop (2003-2005)
Dr. Rosemarie Galam (2005-2011)
Dr. Chona N. Torreliza (2011-2013)
Mrs. Priscila A. Castelo (2013-2015)
Dr. Melody P. Cruz, OIC (2015)
Mrs. Adelaida S. Alejo (2015-2016)
Ms. Maria Josefina C. Borres (2016-present)

GOVERNMENT LINKS